Saturday, August 2, 2014

July Favorites 2014

Another month has gone by, this one particularly bittersweet considering I started off this blog one month ago with my June Favorites and now I'm sharing my July Favorites. That aside I have nine products this month I want to share with you. I mostly have beauty products this month, but I've got a couple skincare items and one haircare product.


1. Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Mousse

I've been using this for a few months now, but it wasn't until I went on vacation and didn't bring this with me that I realized how much I love it. After shower I let my hair towel dry for about ten minutes before applying this. I just squirt about a golf ball size lump of product into my hand and then distribute it throughout my roots. After that I blow dry my roots at the areas I've used the product and it leaves my hair super volumized. I have extremely flat hair and I feel like life is being brought to t when I use this product. (Was that too weird? Oh well.)


 


2. Covergirl BB Cream in 'Light to Medium'

I have a love hate relationship with this product. It gives absolutely no coverage what so ever. It's a moisturizer that appears to be tinted but is not once you apply it. At this point you may be questioning why is this in your favorites? Because it gives great moisture, and a great base for my powder to even out my skin. If you're looking for coverage in a BB Cream do not go anywhere near this, but if you want a base for a powder foundation or even just a powder then I would recommend this. I used this for the first three weeks of July when I really just wanted the naturalist skin and fresh easy face. Although I've moved on to something else at the moment I know this combo is something I'll come back to.


3. Revlon Nearly Naked Powder in 'Medium/Deep'

I bought this powder when I came back from Mexico, in other words I was very tan and am not that color anymore. That aside it's perfect to even out my skin when I'm not wearing foundation. I've been using this on top of my Covergirl BB Cream, and I really think it's just been a great natural look for my skin. This powder also keeps everything very matte all day so I don't have to worry about looking oily.




4. Simple Soothing Facial Toner

I've been using this morning and night to get rid of any excess dirt or oils on my face after removing my makeup and washing my face. It just gives your skin a smooth feel which is a great base to start your makeup on, or just a great feel to your skin. It has witch hazel which helps with the look of pores, and I've definitely noticed a difference while using this. This retails for I believe $7 and this bottle lasted me December to August so it's no harm on your wallet to pick this one up.

5. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer

Keeping on with the skincare kick I've been loving this moisturizer. If you saw my June favorites you'd know last month I was in love with another moisturizer, which I still use time to time, but with that dry skin month I had clearing up I've found myself using something else. This moisturizer is oil free and is going to moisturizer your skin, but your not going to get oily patches anywhere. I use this in the night and wake up with baby bum smooth skin. Because it's so lightweight I can use it under my makeup too and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing any product, although where morning moisturizer is concerned I've mostly been using my Covergirl BB Cream.





6. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

I have fairly large pores and I hate it. I'm super self conscious about it and this product has really helped me. I feel it just smooths it out and blurs my pores very well. It leaves you with very soft skin and acts as a great primer for my foundation. If you're on the market for a drugstore primer you can check this one out. I've used to 'Benefit Porefessional' and I honestly see no difference between them, so go ahead and save yourself the money on this one.



7. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in 'Pink Frosting'
When putting on makeup I never feel complete without blush. I think it brings life to my face so I don't look like a ghost. I've always felt powder blushes don't last long enough, I'll be out for the day and come back to the ghostly face. This however doesn't do that to me. I apply it with my fingers then lightly blend it out with a blush brush before setting it with a tiny bit of powder blush. This is the perfect look that keeps my cheeks flawless all day.



8. Maybelline Line Stiletto in 'Brownish Black'

 Don't let the color name fool you, this is no where near 'Brownish Black'. This is a light true brown liner. As I mentioned before, I've been loving a natural fresh faced look so I turned to brown liner. I can't use anything but liquid liner on my top lash line so this was the perfect thing I needed. It defines my eyes and opens them up without making it look like I'm wearing eyeliner. It's so sutle and sweet and I've been absolutely loving it.







9. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in 'Damsel'

The last product on my favorites list this month is another brown eyeliner. This is a pencil waterproof liner from Stila that I've been using in my waterline. I adore putting eyeliner in my waterline because I fell it gives my eyes the definition they need. I've just been using this on the outer half of my waterline to make my eyes pop without the harshness of a black liner. Out of all the products I've mentioned this is by far the most expensive. I only have it because it came with a palette, but I do think if you want a higher end eyeliner this is a great one to check out.








Thank you so much for reading this, and I hope you discovered some new products you might want to check out.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik