Tuesday, May 26, 2015

How I Clean My Makeup Brushes!

Today I wanted to share with you guys how I clean my makeup brushes. It's a very tedious task that takes me awhile to work up to doing but the feeling of clean brushes is awarding enough to make it worth it!

Things You'll Need:



Dish Soap
Olive Oil
1 or 2 Plates
A Bowl or Sink Full of Water
A Towel









I start by mixing 2 parts dish soap with 1 part olive oil on a plate and swirling my brush in it.









After working in the soap by either brushing the brush on your hand or a plate I ring out all the soap into the water.









I then mix it in the water and ring it out repeating this until clear water falls from the brush.










The last step is to lay it on a towel to dry!









Extra Tips:
-When I'm using a bowl I replace the water after I've washed about 8-10 brushes
-When I'm not feeling lazy I will use hair elastics to hold my brushes to a towel rod so they can drip dry (this holds their shape better!)
-You'll need to top off on soap and olive oil between 8-10 brushes as well
-The bigger the brush the more times you will need to ring it out to insure all the makeup is cleaned from it


Let me know in the comments if you have any other tips for washing your brushes!


Thank You,

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik