Sunday, June 29, 2014

Starbucks Inspired Refreshing Iced Tea Lemonade!

Today I have a super yummy summer drink recipe inspired by the iced tea lemonades at Starbucks. This drink is perfect for the summer time when you want a cool refresher after being out in the sun, or just for a tasty snack. This recipe is fairly self explanatory, and you will most likely have all the ingredients in your house.                                                

                                                                       


Ingredients:
- Loose or prepackaged tea of your choice (I         prefer anything fruity)
-Hot water
-Cold water
-A glass filled with ice
-Lemonade


To start off I made my tea  and set it aside to steep. I used loose leaf tea from David's Tea (Lime Gelato), but you can use any kind of loose leaf or prepackaged tea you prefer. I used a green tea because it's very light and the lime mixed perfectly with the lemonade.


Next I put approximately two teaspoons of lemonade powder over my glass of ice. The lemonade is going to determine the sweetness so depending how sweet you want your iced tea to be you will base the amount of powder of of that.


I then filled my glass up halfway full with water. You can use store bought refrigerated lemonade as well just filling your glass halfway up with that and skipping these last steps.



After your tea is seeped you can put t in the fridge to let it cool or pour t right over ice, your choice. I let mine cool in the fridge for about eight minutes and then poured it into my glass until it was full. You can take a spoon to mix the drink around a bit so that the flavors mix evenly. Add a straw and enjoy.

*Optionally you can replace a portion of the ice with frozen fruit for a completely different and new taste.






I hope you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to follow for upcoming posts!

-K








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik